Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Jed & Lesley`s wedding part 1  

2 comments

Due to our erratic schedule as newspaper/magazine people, the first wedding I attended this year was my husband Eths` friend Jed`s.

It was actually just last July 11. And it was this part of the invitation that got me going(despite it being a friday which is the busiest of all days in the newspaper industry)

Let Lesley light up her special day.
Please come in elegant ALL-BLACK attire,
to help make the bride, all dressed in white, shine.

Wow! ALL-BLACK in ALL-CAPS! They must mean business. I got excited as I thought of 2 things:
1. ALL-BLACK is something I have A LOT OF in my closet.
2. How would the place look like with an ALL-BLACK theme?

So how did it go?

Here`s a little bit of what I photographed at Jed`s and Lesley`s reception taken with my trusty K850i camera phone to better show how intimate, at the same time grand the celebration was. Jed had the file of their feature in WE enlarged to greet the guests, behind them is a series of pre-nup pics that got us girls swooning....



sweet diba?



and they even prepared a seat plan with our pictures!
That`s my hubby Eths on the left with his college friend Goddy (a fantastic photographer) and his soon-to-be bride Candy pointing to where they`re seated.



We couldn`t help but be touched! And I can`t believe that my hubby, a true-blue techie, has such swoon material friends =)



The event styling was dramatic and at the same time, had the right mix of colors to keep the occasion from looking er, ALL-BLACK, or dark & dreary. The burst of colors from the lavender of the cabbage rose, the pinks of carnations and the reds of the roses,added a`happy` feeling to dramatic that night. Not a usual combination but a lovely one actually. I met Charo, the owner of 7 Lily (yes, singular Lily), the group who did the event styling of Jed`s and Lesley`s celebration at Edsa Shangri-la yesterday and am glad a new talent has emerged in the industry. All the best, 7 Lily!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Jed & Lesley`s wedding part 1


  • August 8, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

    i love the seating chart!

    for the styling... the best ang 7 lily! they did the styling for before i do bridal fair 3rd edition and it was great! congrats ms. charo for a job well done!


  • August 8, 2008 at 10:47 PM  

    Oo nga Summer, can't wait for the cd of Jake V. to post more pics of the reception.