Tuesday, September 2, 2008

More to love...  

11 comments

We recently finished our editorial shoot on plus-sized brides-

The creative team we chose this year to do the plus-size makeover did a wonderful job in enhancing the beauty of our (already beautiful)brides-to-be for this issue.

In a way, this is perhaps the most time-consuming of all shoots as it is the most honest- meaning the photos will not be photoshop`d to make the girls look slimmer because that defeats the purpose of getting a really good makeover team- so what you see is what really is- seen from the eyes of Pat Dy. Gowns customized and styled for the 2 brides by Edwin Tan. Make-up by Toto Bagamasbad and hair by Ruben Dellomos. Here`s a little of what happened behind the scenes.

A pose is a pose is a pose. Not really.

Practice in the mirror what would look best and feel free to talk to your photographer about taking `test shots` to `find` your best angle before the wedding because not all poses are created equal. We`re thankful to Edwin Tan for teaching us a few basics regarding the right pose (something to look forward to in the upcoming issue of Beautiful Weddings- may plug pa =))



Hair up or down?


That could be tricky- test both and have your photo taken to see which best suits you. In Charlene`s case, Edwin wanted her hair down because her face/features is very feminine and letting it down is also the best match for her gown.
From left- Pat Dy, Jessie- our new editorial assistant and lovely Charlene, Manila Bulletin`s New York Times section editor.



Speaking from experience, I remember having a pre-prod meeting with my wedding photographer Albert Labrador years ago about photographing me from above (for a sharper chin effect, thus narrowing the face) and not below (as it shows what I`m trying to hide). My photos turned out to be how I wanted to look, within Albert`s creative composition and style. Here`s one of my favorite photos to visualize what I meant about shooting from `above` (to the people who know me now- yup, that was really me, only 20 pounds lighter than my current weight- thanks to a very good designer who never asked me to diet, but to be happy about the whole thing because fat or thin- I`m marrying a dear man , a photographer who has a marvelous eye and who kept reminding us `basta happy lang tayo` and the hair and make-up team who can really do magic.)



However our sizes or shapes are, we believe all women who marry for love would be beautiful brides.(from left- Kitten- managing ed, Jessie- editorial asst and Tatin- beauty associate)

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



11 comments: to “ More to love...


  • September 3, 2008 at 12:38 AM  

    Ang ganda ganda ni Marbeee! (:


  • September 3, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

    biased ka cyn! =)


  • September 7, 2008 at 1:24 AM  

    i always wanted to do a fashion show for brides with different sizes. thin, plus size, pear shaped, short, tall, midget pa nga sana if possible... something that any bride can relate to para they would know what gowns would work for their body. not the usual fashion show where you always see skinny models/brides.


  • September 7, 2008 at 1:29 AM  

    marbee,

    i have to agree with cyn... you really are beautiful in your wedding pic.


  • September 7, 2008 at 9:44 AM  

    True! Real women rock no matter what their shape or size is. Thanks Summer, your comment just inspired me to do particular fashion editorial for the next issue. =)


  • September 7, 2008 at 9:45 AM  

    Thanks Summer! Once in a lifetime look nalang yan, =) I`m really proud of my own dream team, =)


  • September 8, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

    you're always welcome =)

    have a great week ahead of you!


  • September 8, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

    nothing beats the glow in a bride's face on her wedding day.. this makes her extra beautiful regardless of size and age.


  • September 11, 2008 at 12:50 AM  

    First of all, the shot from the top I agree is slimming however, I didnt think you really needed any slimming at all :)

    I got married last month and prior to the day, your magazine since 2006 has helped me plan my wedding day.

    I'm plus size and agree that brides who marry for true love are radiant and pretty no matter what size they are. I believe I was on my wedding day.

    Thanks for features on brides of all sizes, its more realistic :)


  • September 12, 2008 at 8:38 AM  

    hi pao potato, that`s the best kind of wedding make-up! beauty that emanates from within knowing that however we weigh and look, masaya tayo sa wedding natin. =) mala-rain or shine, beauty pa rin! thank you for dropping by our blog pao potato! have a good weekend!

    summer!thanks for passing charo`s contact to didi (candishhh) =)


  • September 20, 2008 at 2:11 AM  

    Thank you Summer & everyone else for proving that I am not biased - ang ganda ni Marbee na bride diba? (:

    Anyways Marbs i *just* noticed that the bride in the photo you postedis our very own Charlene F! OMG she looks so purdy (: