Friday, September 19, 2008

Pursuing our passions + DIY-printing with a Gocco  

4 comments

Hello dear We♥Weddings readers, this is Cynthia signing in for the first time in a month, I think? Eep! Sorry for the lack of updates from my end, I've actually had my hands full working on the layouts for the upcoming Beautiful Weddings issue (abangan), among other things.

***
Anyway, in Wedding Essentials' current issue's We to You letter, we mentioned that we've both been pursuing our passions on the side - Marbs with travel and me with other artistic diversions.

I'm happy to report that we are still very much at it. As of this writing, jetsetter Marbee is halfway across the globe travelling through Russia and Paris! I'm sure she'll have lots of stories to share with us soon. :)

In my case, I recently took part in Frailty, a group show featuring the works of 33 female artists in the fields of art and design. Please see this article for a complete listing of all the chickas.

The photo below features a detailed portion of my piece, Sleeping Like A Marble Girl. (Photo by Karlo Samson):



We had the opening night last Saturday and it turned out be quite a party since it also coincided with Pablo Gallery's 3rd anniversary. [photos]

The exhibit will run until October so please feel free to drop by Pablo Gallery at Cubao X to take a peek at all the lovely artworks made by my colleagues in the art/design industry. :)

***
And because I'm still on diversion mode, my Print Gocco is something I've been putting to good use lately.

From Wikipedia:

Gocco (プリントゴッコ, Purinto Gokko?, "Print Gocco") is a self-contained compact color printing system invented in 1977 by Noboru Hayama.


The Gocco is such a neat contraption - I kinda liken it to having your own mini printing press. Brides-to-be all over the world have been going crazy making d-i-y invites, favor tags and personalized bridal stationery with it. (And then after you get married, you can use it for your thank you cards, your first born's baptismal cards, your daughter's debut inv... alright, you get my drift.)


It's really fun and easy to use too. There's a step-by-step tutorial and guide on my blog that I posted some months ago [go]

Here are some photos of cute printed things others have made using the Gocco:







After seeing all that eye candy you're now probably thinking "...but where can I buy a Print Gocco and its supplies in the Philippines?"

A quick Google search led me to One Tiny Party's website. Tin, the shopkeeper is an Iloilo-based stay-at-home mom who decided to start the business while planning for her son's first birthday (isn't that sweet?). She sells Gocco kits, inks, bulbs, and other paraphernalia you will need to lead the Gocco life. [go]

***
We ♥ D-I-Yers! If you plan to make your own invitations and other wedding essentials (<--uuy, subtle brand placement), please drop me a note along with a photo of your creation so we can feature it on this space!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ Pursuing our passions + DIY-printing with a Gocco


  • September 22, 2008 at 11:26 PM  

    hi cynthia!

    this gocco project looks interesting ha. i always wanted to do something new on the side. actually, i tried my hand in making boxed invitations before but i got overwhelmed with the idea of getting bulk orders and coordinating social events at the same time... so ayun... i only have samples at my display case and never really got to market my boxed invitations.

    but yeah, this is a good thing to do if brides or mothers are into DIY projects.

    congrats to you and marbs in pursuing your passions in life.


  • September 29, 2008 at 4:08 AM  

    Hi Summer - wow, I really would love to see those boxed invitations you made! Show us naman. (: But yes, getting bulk orders - esp. during peak wedding season - is pretty daunting so I salute you for focusing on what you really love to do best. (:

    By the way, Marbee's back! Let's wait for her kwento, I know she has a lot to share with all of you. (:


  • October 14, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

    sure! would be happy to share.


  • July 30, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

    hi again!

    you're back! galing galing!

    btw, where do i send pics of the boxed invitations?